Goat head, also known as “chevon head,” is a popular delicacy in many cultures around the world. While it may seem intimidating to cook, it’s actually quite simple and delicious. Here’s a recipe for cooking a goat head that you can try at home.
- 1 goat head
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
- Clean the goat head thoroughly by removing the eyes, ears, and hair. Rinse it with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until softened, stirring frequently.
- Add the curry powder, thyme, salt, black pepper, and paprika to the pot and stir well to combine.
- If you like spicy food, add the scotch bonnet pepper to the pot. Be careful not to touch your face or eyes while handling it, as it can be very spicy.
- Add the goat head to the pot and pour enough water to cover it. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 2-3 hours or until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
- Once the goat head is cooked, remove it from the pot and let it cool slightly. Use a knife to separate the meat from the bones, discarding any bones or other parts you don’t want to eat.
- Serve the goat head meat with rice and vegetables, or in a sandwich with bread and condiments of your choice.
Cooking a goat head may seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite simple and tasty. Give this recipe a try and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills.