Bread chop is a popular snack in South Asian cuisine that is loved by people of all ages. It is made by coating slices of bread with a flavorful potato mixture, then dipping them in beaten egg and breadcrumbs before frying until crispy. Here is a recipe for bread chop that you can try at home.
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices and flatten them using a rolling pin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, chopped onion, green chili, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Mix well to form a smooth mixture.
- Take a small amount of the potato mixture and spread it evenly on one side of a bread slice. Cover it with another slice of bread, pressing down firmly to stick them together. Repeat the process with the remaining bread slices.
- Cut the bread slices into desired shapes like triangles or rectangles.
- Dip the bread chops in the beaten egg, making sure they are coated evenly.
- Coat the egg-coated bread chops with breadcrumbs, pressing down gently to make sure the breadcrumbs stick to the bread.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan or a deep fryer. Fry the bread chops in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the oil and place them on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve the bread chops hot with ketchup, chutney or any other condiment of your choice.
Bread chop is an easy and delicious snack that can be enjoyed as a tea-time snack or served as an appetizer at parties. Give this recipe a try and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills.